Growing up as one of six children in a small town outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Go Steelers!), Kathryn spent her youth working in her parents’ “mom and pop” grocery store. She went on to attend Indiana University of Pennsylvania and upon graduating, went to work for the airlines and lived all over the country – Kansas City, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Salt Lake City, Montclair and Raleigh. While living in Houston, Kathryn also owned a desktop publishing business for 8 years. In the late 90’s, she found her way to Cary, North Carolina where she got her real estate agent license and then her brokers license. After working as a member of the Kelly Cobb Home Team (Fonville Morisey), she decided that it was time to realize her dream of living at the beach and moved to Emerald Isle.
When she’s not busy selling real estate, Kathryn loves scuba diving and sailing with her husband, Henry, and taking her pup, Maya, for walks on the beautiful beaches of Emerald Isle. She absolutely loves learning and taught herself website creation and has built many websites to date; learning all of the latest tech tools and tips keeps her quite busy, along with real estate. In recent years, she’s enjoyed teaching computer classes at the local Emerald Isle Town Hall.
“Growing up as one of six kids in the family business, I learned many things about relationships and people. Most importantly, I learned to listen to what people ask for and to gear my services to meet those needs as efficiently, as effectively and as honestly as I can.”
Kathryn has been working in real estate since 2000. She has worked for several airlines in the past and owned her own desktop publishing business before getting into real estate. Her love of learning has led her to earn several designations: ABR Accredited Buyer Representative, CRS Certified Residential Specialist, ePro Internet Professional, PMN Performance Management Network, RSPS Resort Second Home Property Specialist, SFR Shortsale Foreclosure Resource, SRES Senior Residential Specialist and SRS Seller Representative Specialist. These accomplishments represent her dedication to the profession and her clients.
- ABR – Accredited Buyer Representative
- CRS – Certified Real Estate Specialist (top 3% of agents in the country)
- CDPE – Certified Distressed Property Expert
- ePro – Electronic Real Estate Professional
- IMS – Internet Marketing Specialist
- PMN – Performance Management Network
- RSPS – Resort Second-Home Property Specialist
- SFR – Short Sale Foreclosure Resources
- SRS – Seller Representative Specialist
- SRES – Senior Real Estate Specialist
What do all of those letters really mean?
Good question! Kathryn’s experience uniquely qualifies her to help you. The letters refer to designations earned through the pursuit of higher education and higher performance in real estate transactions in specific and specialized areas.
Prior to moving to the coast, Kathryn was a member of the award winning Kelly Cobb Home Team, Fonville Morrissey, in Cary NC. Kathryn has served her local REALTOR organizations as the Chairman of the Education Committee (2007, 2008). She has served as a committee member for both Education and MLS for over five years. She teaches MLS classes at the board. In addition she has been involved with the Crystal Coast Chapter of Women’s Council of REALTORS as the Education Chairman, Secretary, President Elect and in 2010 as the Local Chapter President for WCR. Giving back to her community she teaches Google classes at town hall. In 2010 Kathryn was honored as REALTOR® of the Year!
In December 2010 Kathryn received this prestigious honor in recognition of her:
- service to her community
- service to her local real estate board
- designations for performance and education
- participation at the national Realtor meetings
- service as President of the Crystal Coast Chapter of Women’s Council of Realtors
- volunteer work in her community
- service to her clients.
- 2009-2011: Taught Google classes at the Emerald Isle Community Center, free of charge
- Contributor to the BackPack program to help feed local children
- Served 7 years on the MLS Committee at Carteret County Association of Realtors
- Served 5 years on the Education Committee at the local Carteret County Association of Realtors
- Member of the Parrot Heads community organization to raise funds and support local and national charities
- Beach and coastal expert at the beautiful Crystal Coast of North Carolina
- Attended the annual CRS national Sellabrations conventions 2010-2020 to keep up with and implement the latest trends, technology and marketing ideas to better serve clients
- REALTOR® of the Year 2010
- 2007 – present: Attended every national REALTORS® meeting and National CRS meeting
- 2007 – 2012: Carteret County Association of REALTORS® MLS committee member
- 2007 & 2008: Education Chairman for the Crystal Coast Chapter of the Women’s Council of REALTORS®
- 2008: Secretary of the Crystal Coast Chapter of the Women’s Council of REALTORS®
- 2009 President Elect of the Crystal Coast Chapter of the Women’s Council of REALTORS®
- 2010 President of the Crystal Coast Chapter of the Women’s Council of REALTORS®
- 2009 & 2010: Education Committee Member of the Crystal Coast Chapter of the Women’s Council of REALTORS®
Brandie was born and raised in Swansboro, North Carolina where she grew up playing soccer on a classic level and enjoying all that this beautiful area has to offer. She graduated from Swansboro High School in 2003 and was married in 2007. After marriage, the Air Force took the newlyweds to Charleston, South Carolina where they lived until 2010 when they welcomed their daughter Olivia into the world. After the birth of her daughter, they decided that they would move back to coastal NC to be closer to family.
Brandie graduated with a Bachelors in Human Services in 2010. Having grown up locally, she knows all there is to know about the area – native by chance, local by choice.
- Played soccer for 13 years
- Enjoys all things 90’s
- Loves “the idea” of running
- Enjoys visiting the mountains, hiking and camping
- Loves exploring the coast by boat and swimming in our beautiful local waters